To help residential customers save energy and money, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) will increase many of its rebates for the most energy efficient appliances and home improvement products on the market.
Starting October 1, 2010, LADWP will raise rebate amounts for qualifying high efficiency central air conditioners, pool pumps and motors, dual pane Energy Star® windows, and recycling old refrigerators. In addition, LADWP is adding two new products that are eligible for rebates: whole-house fans and cool roofs, both of which help keep your home cooler and reduce your air conditioning costs.
“We want our customers to get the very most for their money and help them to conserve energy,” said Lorraine Paskett, Senior Assistant General Manager, LADWP Sustainability Programs and External Relations. “These raises in rebate amounts are an invitation to embrace energy efficiency, save money and help the environment all at once.
The following new rebates will go into effect on October 1, 2010:
- $500 on a high efficiency variable speed pool pump and motor
- $100 per ton on 15 SEER and above for a central air unit or heat pump, or $120 per ton on 16 SEER and above
- $50 for recycling an old, inefficient refrigerator
- $2 per square foot of glass on Energy Star® dual pane windows, doors and skylights
- $200 for a whole-house fan
- $0.30 per square foot for a cool roof
In addition, LADWP will continue offering rebates of $65 for an Energy Star® refrigerator and $50 for an Energy Star® room air conditioner.
For more LADWP Consumer Rebate Program information and an application, visit www.ladwp.com/crp or call toll free 1-800-374-2224.
Rebate amounts apply only to qualifying purchases made after September 30, 2010. Rebates are offered for qualifying products only. Terms and conditions apply.